- Construction Manager – Rail
- Full Time 40 hours per week
- Rail Engineering Construction, PTS, COSS, SMSTS
- Wales & Western
- Excellent rates of pay plus benefits for right candidate
- 8th January 2019
- 8th February 2019
- 8th June 2019
Following a period of sustained growth, MECX Group has an opportunity for a Construction Manager operating throughout Wales & Western. Applicants must have a full driving licence and be suitably qualified in the planning and safe delivery of trackside civils, level crossing refurbishment, drainage renewals, be able to clearly demonstrate a sound and experienced background in both delivery and safety.
- Assist in the detailed planning and execution of works delivery.
- Responsible for planning and directing the activities of labour teams.
- Produce the required outputs to support effective and robust delivery of the works to completion.
- Ensure agreed performance and other KPIs are met
- Ensure compliance with contract for all works.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant safety legislation and welfare regulations.
- Ensure all works undertaken comply with contract specifications, Group and NWR Standards
- Ensure all works are undertaken by competent staff.
- Ensure maximum utilisation of resources in delivery of all works.
- Ensure all staff have the necessary skills and are competent to undertake all duties safely, efficiently and to contract specification.
- Ensure all works are carried out safely and in accordance with rules, regulations and appropriate safety legislation.
- Participate in the planning and preparation of work bank.
- Attend all necessary meetings and T- meetings when applicable.
- Co-ordinate/chair/attend and record site meetings.
- Produce status and progress reports on site works where required.
- Ensure all works are undertaken in accordance with the WPP ensuring that any deviations from programme schedule are reported in good time.
- Undertake safety inspection as stipulated in MECX Group procedures and contract requirements.
- Assist in the production of WPPs, task briefs, programmes etc.
- Ensure appropriate daily work returns (planned v actuals) are submitted in time.
- Ensure adequate provision of welfare facilities.
- Procure all relevant plant, materials etc for contracted works.
- Attendance at meetings as required.
- ‘On Call’ as required.
Qualifications & Skills
- In depth knowledge of trackside civils, level crossing refurbishments and drainage discipline.
- Excellent knowledge of HASAW and other appropriate regulations, including Group Standards.
- Knowledge of financial controls and costings
- Self-motivated and able to deliver works in challenging environments.
- Tenacious and resilient.
- Able to apply attention to detail and accuracy.
- Have the ability to prioritise and escalate where necessary.
- A confident and persuasive communicator.
- Have excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and man-management skills.
- Possess clean driving licence.
- PTS, COSS, SMSTS
Interested applicants email email@example.com