- Health & Safety Advisor
- Full Time
- IOSH Qualified & Knowledge of OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001 & ISO 9001.
- Excellent rates of pay plus benefits for right candidate
- 2nd February 2019
- 2nd March 2019
- 2nd April 2019
An opportunity has arisen for a H&S Advisor to join MECX Group and be part of a growing organisation that is growing within the rail sector.
You will Proactively promote H&S best practice and established accident & incident prevention strategies throughout the managerial/supervisory/workforce levels (including contractors) as directed by the head of Business Systems.
- Work with the managerial/supervisory teams within the business in the implementation of H&S standards and procedures necessary to ensure compliance with ISO standards, current applicable legislation and other client requirements.
- Undertake regular HSQE inspections to monitor compliance of the above standards and statutory requirements during the delivery of the project.
- Provide professional H&S advice, coaching, mentoring, training and education to management/supervisors/workforce and contractors where identified as necessary.
- Ensure H&S coordination of activities during planning of works by attending project specific progress review and construction meetings
- In conjunction with managerial and supervisory staff manage and close out all associated investigation recommendations and remedial actions arising from accident & incident investigations.
- Review and provide professional safety advice in the production of Method Statements, risk assessments, work instructions, etc.
- Attend client meeting and safety forums as directed by the Head of Business Systems.
You will be self-motivated with a pro-active approach and have experience of working within a similar role. The candidate will also ideally have the following Experience/skill set:
- Previous experience in an H&S role.
- IOSH Qualified (Chartered Membership or leading towards Chartered status would be desirable)
- Ideally Have working knowledge of both rail and civil engineering interfaces and practices.
- Ability to prioritise and manage a diverse workload.
- Accident Investigation training.
- CDM 2015 knowledge.
- Knowledge of OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001.
If you’re interested in being part of a growing company and have the relevant experience and qualifications, please hit the apply button.