- Health & Safety Manager
- Full Time
- Health & Safety IOSH
- Pay Dependent upon Experience & Qualifications
- 5th February 2020
- 5th February 2020
- 5th April 2020
The Health & Safety Manager is a key role in supporting the MECX Group to work safely and achieve compliance to necessary requirements across all infrastructure sectors, but primarily the rail sector. The role will focus on supporting the MECX Group functions with full Safety Management support and will also have oversite of Environmental matters across the MECX Group UK wide. The position is based at Crewe but will be a national role.
- Support all departments with Safety Management Activities
- Support the environmental management system that covers the needs of MECX Group in association with the MECX Group Business Systems Manager and all MECX Group departments.
- industry practice and complies with relevant legislation, guidance and company policies. Provide HSQE advice to business units.
- Undertake audits, assist with development of the Safety Management Systems to ensure continuous improvement, promote exemplary Safety behaviour.
- Review and comment on business documentation e.g. risk assessment, procedures, method statements, training courses etc.
- Investigate/record incidents, accidents, complaints and cases of ill health.
- Undertake risk assessments and site inspections.
- Analyse trends identified through incidents, audit and inspections and present findings and recommendations to business units.
- Ensure that equipment is installed / used correctly and safely.
- Identify potential hazards / risks and make recommendations to reduce them.
- Undertake and or facilitate workshops to communicate HSQE matters.
- Engage with contractors and clients. Select and review training courses.
- Support the business by establishing competency requirements and support the development of training programmes.
- Prepare regular reports to the Head of Business Management Systems
- Collaborate with project teams to promote simplicity and clarity in processes, method statements and work instructions through clear communication (both written and verbal).
Qualifications & Skills
- Demonstrable knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and ISO standards for Health, Safety, Environment & Quality.
- IOSH Certification
- Demonstrable knowledge of developing and maintaining an Environmental management system.
- Ability to work under own direction.
- Computer literate and ability to use basic Microsoft office systems.
- Ability to lead group discussions and meetings.
- Ability to produce and present period reports, standard reviews and presentations.
- 5 years rail experience
Interested Applicants please just hit the apply button