- OLE Construction Manager
- Full Time
- Railway Engineering Construction
- National Basis
- Excellent rates of pay plus benefits for right candidate
- 14th December 2018
- 1st February 2019
- 30th January 2019
Purpose of Job
To lead and direct a team of construction operatives in the delivery of OLE schemes of work. Ensuring all works are planned, delivered and completed to statutory legislation, Network Rail Group – Company Standards, together with MECX Group management systems, processes and procedures.
Ensuring that works are delivered on time and within budget.
To promote an environment of best practise and safety lead, providing a focal point to both internal and external customers.
Provide close liaison between project staff and customer/client.
Principle Accountabilities Include:
- Manage team of construction workers and plant both on and off site ensuring works are delivered on time, to budget and safely
- Liaise with Project Engineers/Design Engineers to ensure all elements of OLE works are delivered in line with scope.
- Ensure site operatives are fully briefed, competent and in control of daily site activities
- Planning and delivery of OLE construction.
- Establish and maintaining programme and budget for construction activities through project life cycle
- Manages OLE construction projects through design to actual build and commission.
- Construction expertise within a multi-disciplinary infrastructure project, focussed on the buildability of design works in OLE.
- Hold weekly Plan Do Review Meetings, ensuring best practice/lessons learnt are implemented
- Collaboration with contractors, sub-contractors, the client and senior management
- Experienced and capable in front of client and delivery contractors
- Be certain that up to date design register and complete set of design documents on site with procedure for notifying and issuing revisions.
- Ensure all engineering documentation is accurate for the works being undertaken and are fully briefed to site operatives.
- Manage the Change Control Procedure to monitor design changes or site requested changes.
- Establish procedure for carrying out routine tests and quality checks during installation.
- Be certain a procedure is in place to identify and deal with non-conformances on site.
- Ensuring project compliance with statutory legislation, Network Rail Group and Company Standards, and MECX Company management systems, processes and procedures
- Establish procedure for ensuring all site activities are carried out safely, in accordance with HSE legislation and NR safety standards are complied with.
- Establish a procedure for recording site queries, variations and issuing site instructions.
- Establish a reporting regime for monitoring progress, quality, safety and commercial issues arising on site including running weekly site meetings to review progress, set targets in accordance with overall programme.
- Liaise with contractors and third parties for any planned lift and/or access requirements for heavy plant.
- Maintain good industrial relations through effective consultation and negotiation, implementing disciplinary procedures for serious staff irregularities in order to maintain a well-motivated and disciplined workforce.
- Responsible for ensuring that OLE equipment is installed in accordance with design and standards
- To work, follow and direct those working under supervision to company policies and procedures, ensuring all are upheld.
- To complete all reports and supporting documentations in the time scale set for the business needs per instructed from your reporting line.
- Ensure auditable records of all work planned and completed is in place
- Undertake and manage risk assessments with regards to HSE
- Advise and mentoring junior staff
- Ability to act as CRE
- PTS AC
- OLEC 1
- OLEC 2
- All OLEC 3 Core Competence
- OLEC 4
- OLEC 5
- COSHH Appreciation
- Risk Assessment Accreditation
- CDM / CSM Appreciation
- Manual Handling
- Emergency First Aid
- Previous CRE Accreditation
- 10 years OLE experience
If you’re interested in being part of a growing company and have the relevant experience and qualifications, please hit the apply button.