MECX Group Ltd Privacy Notice
This privacy statement will set out how MECX Group Ltd collects, handles, stores and shares your personal data and what provisions we have in place to protect your information.
We acknowledge and agree that any personal data of yours that we handle will be processed in accordance with all applicable data protection laws. With effect from 25 May 2018, this will be known as General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”).
Information we may collect
The information about you we may collect, hold and process is set out below:
Part 1 – Information collected and processed for finding you a suitable role is as follows, but not limited to:
- Your Name
- Your Address
- Your Email Address
- Your Telephone Numbers
- CV/Work History
- Job Preferences including role, geographical areas & salary
- Any other work related information you provide, for example education or training certificates.
Part 2- Information in respect to individuals that have worked for us previously or may work for us is as follows but not limited to:
- Permits & Visas
- Date of Birth
- National Insurance Number
- Full details of job offers and placements
- Outcome of criminal record checks and security clearance for certain role
- In certain cases, medical information
- Financial Information (including but not limited to payroll details and terms, HMRC data, Pension Scheme details, court orders & statutory payments)
- A log of our communications with you by email and telephone
This information will have been provided, or will be provided, by you or a third party who we work with. Such as a Job Board Company or another employment business or agency. In the case of references, these will be from your previous employer. Medical information may be supplied by a third party such as your GP, Consultant or Occupational Health. The outcome of criminal record checks and security clearance checks, where relevant, will be supplied by the Disclosure and Barring Service or other external company applicable to the placement.
How we use the information
The above information that we collect is used only in the manner of which is stated below. We will not use this information for any other purposes or in any other capacity.
The information outlined in part 1 may be used as follows:
- To match your skill sets with job vacancies to assist in finding you the positions that most suit you.
- To put forward your details to our clients and prospective employers for you to be considered for vacancies.
- To place you with our clients and prospective employers.
- To keep you informed of available opportunities as they arise.
- To keep you informed of the services offered by us.
The information outlined in Part 2 may be used as follows:
- To establish that you have the right to work.
- To undertake relevant security and criminal record checks as required by our clients and as permitted by law.
- To deal with any medical and health and safety issues relating to certain positions.
- To put in place contractual arrangements and documentation once a role has been secured.
- To pay you for jobs completed.
How we hold the information
All the personal data we have is securely stored on our database within the UK.
Disclosure of your information
Your CV and related information will be shared or sent to prospective employers and our clients. Once you have secured a placement additional information will be provided to enable the placement to proceed. Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the EEA.
Other trusted third parties that we may share your data with are as follows: HM Revenue and Customs, pension scheme providers, legal advisors and other companies for the purpose of undertaking pre engagement checks for the role or for paying you.
What is the legal basis for processing the information?
Information and documentation to establish your right to work is processed by us as we are legally obliged to do so.
In respect of medical information, the basis for us processing this will depend on the circumstances, but will usually be for one of the following reasons: it is necessary to protect health and safety or to prevent discrimination on the grounds of disability or where consent has been obtained, if required.
Information in relation to criminal record checks, which are relevant for some roles, will be processed on the basis that it is necessary for us to comply with the law or consent will be obtained, if required.
Once you have been placed within a job role, we are required to process your personal data. This includes financial information for the purposes of your weekly payment from MECX Group
We are also legally obliged to share information only as necessary to perform services or adhere to legal requests – such as HMRC and other regulatory bodies where required.
Once a placement has been secured, we will continue to process your personal information in the above mentioned ways. Unless stated otherwise by yourselves in writing to GDPR@Mecx-group.co.uk
You have the right at any time to ask for a copy of the information about you that we hold for you.
Your right to access personal information could be limited due to circumstances outside of MECX Group Ltd. This may be due to local law requirements.
Should you wish to exercise your rights as mentioned above – please contact us via email to GDPR@Mecx-group.co.uk
Retention of your data
Your data will be retained for no longer than is necessary and in accordance with our Data Retention Policy.
Withdrawal of consent
We currently process your data under legitimate interests – you can redact this information at any time on legitimate grounds. And can do so by contacting GDPR@mecx-group.co.uk
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us – please contact us on GDPR@mecx-group.co.uk
Please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to GDPR@mecx-group.co.uk
Changes to the Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be changed by us at any time.