We are delighted to announce that we have successfully passed our latest OHSAS 18001 Certification with no findings raised, whilst maintaining our excellent safety standards throughout 2017. BS OHSAS 18001 sets out the minimum requirements for occupational health and safety management best practice.
These audits ensure that as a business we operate according to national and international health, safety and environmental standards, which drive organisations to reduce their impact on the environment and community. This year was no exception and we managed to impress yet another auditor with our commitment to safety and sustainability.
A few key aspects of having OHAS 18001 Certification ensures that as a business:-
- We excel in our reputation for being a health and safety conscious organisation.
- We reduced any risk of potential litigation cases, for example through reducing the number of accidents in the work place.
- We constantly ensure improved productivity of our workforce and reduce any potential for absenteeism and sickness.
- We always conduct rigorous risk and hazard assessments so that our customers are reassured that our services are delivered within legal requirements.
- We continually promote health and safety in the workplace, and obtain full involvement from all our staff in order to ensure that MECX is a safe place to work.
We are incredibly proud of our HSQE team, and in particular the hard work that our HSQE Manager – Liam Richards has done in order to to make our investment into this key standard a significant reality.
This is yet another milestone achievement and one that reflects MECX’s future growth and development as a leading infrastructure specialist.