Story Contracting Limited appointed MECX Group (Signalling) to manage and deliver the signalling scope of work in support of the planned Civil works of lowering the tracks which lead into Platforms 5 and 6 at Manchester Victoria Station.
Client : Story Contracting
Location : Manchester Victoria – Cheetham Hill
Value : < £200,000
Remarks : Despite challenging conditions and a tight schedule the team at MECX delivered this challenging project on time and within budget.
STORY Contracting Limited appointed MECX Group (Signalling) to manage and deliver the signalling scope of work in support of the planned Civil works of lowering the tracks which lead into Platforms 5 and 6 at Manchester Victoria Station.
Program of Works
Manchester Victoria – Cheetham Hill track lowering scope at the time of the pre condition assessment uncovered a large percentage of the rail civil infrastructure to be aged, even though the affected signalling equipment was in specification. Indeed some of the infrastructure supporting it was expected to present challenges.
The signalling scope of work entailed the following;
- Carry out condition assessments on existing affected signalling assets and produce a report on the same.
- Liase with the local Network Rail Project Management Team and produce the required schematics to undertake the signalling scope of work.
- Plan and prepare the G110 Signalling disconnections, reconnections and test plan.
- Supply signalling technical personnel to carry out the signalling disconnections, reconnections and testing under G110 Signalling principles.
- Plan, prepare and supply follow up technical support staff in support of the completed Civil work activities.
- Prepare all testing and final works documentation for signalling scope closeout.
Easter Weekend Operations
Both the MECX Signalling & Technical support teams operated efficiently throughout the Easter weekend in order to ensure that this tight construction Civils program was adhered to. Whilst working seamlessly the teams were also able to carry out any signalling disconnections and then any reconnections smoothly, and in absolute safety. After reconnections and construction works were finally completed the MECX signalling testing team undertook a number of final testing activities before signing off the project.