MECX Group – Signalling Industry Update
As the Rail industry looks towards the conclusion of CP5 MECX Signalling reflects on the Signalling works undertaken in the last financial year and looks forward to delivering even more exciting and challenging works in the next 12 months.
MECX has continued to invest in the rail Signalling business during the last financial year.
- 6 Mercedes Vito’s and 5 Mercedes Citan’s have been added to the owned fleet enabling the mobilisations of fully equipped SMTH Tester’s, Signalling Technician’s and Installers
- Continued investment in test equipment has continued with the purchase of more AzLM Axle counter test kits, high power compatible Shunt Boxes, Live Line Testers, Track Gauges
- 3549 staff hours of training have been completed
Recent training programmes have included:
- Intensive assistant installer programme, 6-week duration
- SMTH, G110 Author / Checker / Tester / Lead Tester, Initial and Recertification
- Clamplock Mk3, S/O Hy Drive and Mechanical Back Drive, Tubular Stretcher Bars
- TI21, EBI200, EBI400
- Small Plant and Abrasive Wheels
- PTS, Lookout, COSS Initial and Recertification
- 17thEdition and Points Heating
During the past year many projects have been completed successfully, being driven by the MECX Project Management team and through supply of staff to Principle Contractors and NWR directly.
- Maintenance and faulting of all grades for various DU’s
- Multifaceted DU support such as S&C switch renewal, tamping, life expired relay and fuse renewal, SIN162 checks
- Bishopton, Redundant Cabling removal, utilising G110 protocol
- Laurencekirk, Re-signalling pre-commissioning installation works
- Manchester Fredrick Road, drainage renewal
- Wyre Viaduct, renewal
- Stockport, Bridge life extension works, renewal of Longitudinal Timbers
- Manchester Victoria, Track lowering for OLE. Removal and reinstatement of S&C and S&T cabling, G110.
Oryst Magdij, Professional Head of Signalling explains ”Value and dependability are both key to delivering clients requirements. We will work tirelessly to deliver the works required safely and efficiently.”
Looking forward to a busy 2018-2019; continued training delivery is planned to grow the knowledge within the team further, focus is on IRSE Licencing and a programme is scheduled to have all staff licenced for CP6. The Signalling Team at MECX are proud to be part of the delivery of upgrade, renewals, life extension and maintenance & faulting deliver teams keeping the UK rail network running.